Just started reading Farenheit 451 by Roy Bradbury. Another one off the good ole’ IB summer reading list.
Books are a comfortable sanctuary, a combination of self-denile, intelect, and knowledge, that provides me with a hiding place when the cogs and wheels of my world arn’t turning with ease; books are the oil to my cerebral and cardiac joints when life takes a turn for the worst.
Schnorky The Wave Puncher
Hands down best picture book ever! Schnorky The Wave Puncher has been a favorite of mine ever since I can remember and, even after 15 years I am still loving it just as much. No matter what age, anyone will enjoy this book about a misunderstood, wacky surfer who ends up saving the day. I don’t think it’s still in print so if ever you see it, snatch it! I haven’t seen any other works out there by the book’s author, Jeff Raglus, but if you find any, let me know!
Summer Reading Recomendations!
Here’s my list of great summer reads:
- Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem
- Sailing Alone Around The World by Captain Joshua Slocum
- Kamikaze Girls by Novala Takemoto
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Buddha by Osamu Tezuka (graphic novel series)
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Talkative Man by R.K. Narayan
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery